Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Do You Know Who I Am?

"But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?" - Matthew 16:15

The view we have of ourselves can be so one-dimensional. I asked my youth group to circle attributes that they believed described themselves most. I then asked them to share a few about me. After a few sarcastic attempts using words like predictable and quiet, I jokingly asked “Do you KNOW who I AM?”

In Matthew 16, Jesus wanted to know what everyone else saw in Him and if His disciples were able to recognize His true identity. The general crowd knew that Jesus was a man of God, but only Peter recognized His true identity as the SON of God. Jesus didn’t ask for validation or affirmation of His identity, because He already knew who He was and what He was called to accomplish. Too many times we are looking for others to stroke us, sugar cube us and affirm us, but if you aren’t able to recognize yourself, how can anyone else recognize you? We’re often told not to care about the thoughts of others, but as Kingdom citizens, we must know if our lives are accurately reflecting the lifestyles we say we represent. Do people know who you really are? 

What do men say about you? That can be like opening a can of worms for some folks or a refreshing review for others. Has your personal credibility recovered? Are people happy to see you coming or glad to see you go? Do they believe you are sincere or do they think you’re fake? Do you think you’re kind when others know you as rude? Let your talk and your walk be aligned. Friends, we are living in a three dimensional, 2-way mirrored world. Not only are we considerate of how God sees us and how we view ourselves, we must also be mindful that we are living epistles to the world. Knowing who you are should be comparable with knowing who Jesus is. By the way we conduct our lives, Jesus can justifiably ask us the question…do you KNOW who I AM?
 
Working on me,
 
Tracy Gale

 
Enjoy this "throwback" Commissioned track "Who Do Men Say I Am"

 
Join me for these upcoming experiences!

Visit www.TracyGale.com or www.RaphaKingdom.org for more info!

No comments:

Post a Comment