Tuesday, September 25, 2012

My Confession: I Refuse to Go Back

"I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back." - Philippians 3:14 MSG

It's too late for cold feet. I put my faith out there and now it's time to commit to the plow. A part of me feels unprepared and the other part feels unequipped, but my trust lies in God, rather than the measly crumbs I bring to the table. I refuse to go back.

Can I confess that there are those days when I can feel His yoke and I'm thinking 'if this is easy, I would sure hate to feel a yoke that's heavy'. And even though His burden is lighter than the one I had, I'm struggling to keep on pushing this plow, 'cause I refuse to go back.

I refuse to go back to the fear or the shame. I refuse to go back to the closet that I hide in when I'm afraid of the success that awaits me outside the door. I'm not going back to pleasing people who could care less about pleasing God. And going back to who I was before He made me into who I am now, isn't even up for consideration. I refuse to go back.

Can I confess that I refuse to go back to the nights filled with anxiety, secretly worried about who's hating on me. I refuse to go back to crawling under a rock when certain names are dropped; I absolutely refuse to go back to making other people feel comfortable by being silent when I should be speaking up. I just simply refuse to go back.

I confess that I'm waving goodbye to all my inhibitions, all my inadequacies, all of my hesitations; I'm a new creation and yes, it's STILL the God in me that lives, moves, and breathes. Moving ahead, with only the promises of God in my view. I refuse to go back.

Just a confession from my heart,

Tracy Gale


11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. So glad you responded! I was hoping it wasn't just me! :0)

      Delete
  2. Amen! Enough is Enough! I stand in agreement Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This word is confirmation for me on today. Hallelujah and Thank You Jesus!

    I'M NOT GOING BACK, EVER!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reminds me of this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQfc7iQecw8

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reminds me of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQfc7iQecw8

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank You Lord!!!! I won't go back!!! God bless you Prophetess Thorton

    ReplyDelete