Wednesday, August 8, 2012

You’re a Winner!

“I returned and saw under the sun that– The race is not to the swift, Nor the battle to the strong, Nor bread to the wise, Nor riches to men of understanding, Nor favor to men of skill; But time and chance happen to them all.” -Ecclesiates 9:11

My husband is a runner. I don’t think I paid quite as much attention to running until supporting him during his races. I used to think that it bothered him greatly that he didn’t seem to come in first. I mean, the whole point is to win the race, right? It wasn’t until I walked my first 5K that I got the vision. As I huffed and puffed my way to the finish, I realized I was the last person on the route. The race was through a neighborhood, so there were people out on their porches and in their yards watching as participants ran or walked by. One man said to me “You’re making me feel bad! I should be out there.” It was then that I realized why coming in first was just a bonus. I was already a winner because I was IN the race. I came in last place that day, but I couldn’t have felt more powerful! I gave it all I had and I FINISHED!

What is stopping you today from getting in the race that Christ has set before you? It doesn’t matter if you’re the first to do what you’ve been called to do. What matters mostis that you are DOING it! You’re already a WINNER because you are more than a conqueror through Jesus Christ. Don’t be hindered or distracted by the others in the race, you’ve got to run your own. Jesus Christ has already prepared you with the grace you need to jump every hurdle and hit the mark. This is your race, now run it well. #FinishLine

I’m in the race, how about you?

Tracy Gale

No comments:

Post a Comment